Well.....to be honest.....no where!
Just busy with life!
I've been feeling kind of BLAH about blogging lately for a few reasons.
The first being that I lost my brand new super nice camera.... :( It makes me want to cry just thinking about it! This is what happened. In March, Eric and I went to Vegas with 10 other members of his family! (I will post on that later) We had so much fun. It was a short but sweet trip, we rented a 12 passenger van and drove all the way down on a Friday and back on the following Sunday. Like I said short but sweet. Anyway, on the way home we decided to put all of our Vegas pictures on my Sister-in-laws laptop so that we could look at them. (A blessing in disguise) On Monday after arriving home I realized that my camera was missing. I called my Mother-in-law because we rode in their truck home after dropping off our rental van. No luck! I called the rental car place and they said that the lost and found department closed at 2:00 (it was 3:30) and to call back tomorrow. So I did. They sent someone out to look in the van (which had already been cleaned out) and didn't find it. But said that they would talk to the people that cleaned it out the day before and call me back. On Wednesday around 1:00 I still hadn't heard anything so I called them again. They said that the people who cleaned it out didn't find anything but that Tuesday night the van had been sent back to Salt Lake City. So they gave me the number for the SLC office. Which I called right away. I got an answering machine and left a message. The next day, Thursday, I called again. This time I got a very nice lady named Michelle (I know you wanted to know that) who informed me that the van had been sent to an auction Wednesday night. UGGG! You have got to be kidding me! The auction was going on on Thursday so she sent someone over to the auction to look through it really good and make sure my camera wasn't in it. When she called me back about an hour and a half later to tell me that there was no camera in the van I completely broke down crying! Even though I knew it was no use I told her that I really didn't care about getting the camera back (even though it was a nice-not-cheap camera) I just wanted the SD card out of it. Because it had 3 months worth of pictures on it!! She was very nice and I could tell that she really felt bad about it but could do nothing. I hung up the phone and went to my room and cried for about an hour.
Which brings me to my second reason I haven't been so great a blogging lately.
Kaiden played basketball this year with the community basketball program. He had so much fun and did really good and guess what!!! I HAVE NO PICTURES OF IT!! I actually had some really good pictures of him and some super fun videos, one of which I had of him making a "Hoop" as he calls it. He was so proud of his "Hoop" video and kept asking me to put it on the computer so that he wouldn't have to keep watch it on the camera anymore. Well guess what.....I never did! Just before leaving to Vegas I thought "I should put all my pictures on my computer before we leave" and then I thought "No, because when I get back I will be doing it anyway, I might as well do it all at once". Well, when you have no camera it is awfully hard to put pictures on the computer. I am so sad!! Kaiden's basketball pictures were not the only pictures I had on my camera either, they were only some of the 360 something pictures that were on there. Yes, I take a lot of pictures! I just feel so bad about loosing all of those pictures and those moments in my families lives that I haven't really wanted to blog. :( It makes me sick to think that who ever cleaned out that van and found the camera could not be honest enough to return it! I wish we could just trust people!!!!
The third reason I haven't been blogging much lately.......Well.......I'm worried about offending people. I'm worried because there are things that I want to write about or talk about and I am worried about saying things that I strongly believe and offending someone who doesn't believe the same. I realize that this is my blog, that I shouldn't worry about it, that I shouldn't care if someone doesn't like what I am writing about, but, I do! I do care! And I am so torn between what I want this blog to be for me and my family and what other people will think about it. Dumb, I know!!!! I know that I am just going to have to do what I want and not worry so much but it is hard for me.
We will see how it goes.

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Where have I been??
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Labels: Important to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your camera and the pictures. It is great to read a blog again. I hope you can find your camera soon.
Post a Comment