"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

~California Trip Day 6~

Day 6

San Diego Pier and Old Town

On the last day :( of our trip we went down to the San Diego Pier to check out the old Pirate ships. They were really cool to look at and and you could walk around in them. Pretty sweet!! The kids really liked them and one of the ladies working their said that they used parts of one of them for the last "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie. I think it was the one that the kids are running the steering wheel (is that what it is called on a ship?) They also had a submarine and a few other different kinds of ships. Way fun



This one (above) is the one I think was in 'Pirates'.

The kids even learned how to make rope.



Inside the Submarine




After we were done there we decided to drive into old town and look around. We happened to park in the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center parking lot which was really cool because back when we were first planning this trip I kept mentioning that I would like to visit there.

The Mormon Battalion Visitors Center.
What an awesome visitors center. They move you from room to room and you get to watch a movie about the Mormon Battalion. The kids were even entertained.
And we even got to pan for gold!!!
Then we walked down the street to find some lunch. We ended up eating at this Mexican restaurant. Cafe Coyote. It was really yummy. Maybe I should plan another Cali trip just for reasons of eating there of course.
Hehehe!!!! These two make me laugh!



The next day we drove back to LA and hopped on a plane back to Salt Lake and back to the real world. But it was really fun while it lasted and I know that it will be a trip that none of us will ever forget!!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers