"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

~Spring Break~

Can I just tell you how much I love Spring Break?? Well, I do. I LOVE having my kids home. I love spending time with them. Just hanging out at home and playing games or whatever we want! And I hate it when it is done.

Don't get me wrong. It is nice to get back to our regular schedule, to have quiet house, to get some stuff done. But seriously I always LOVE having the kids home!!

That being said, Eric and I headed to Las Vegas with some friends and family for the weekend before Spring Break week. Eric had been saying that he wanted to go to a MONSTER JAM show for quite a while. One day I got online and found that the world finals were going to be held in Vegas and so we got our group together and headed down.

Two days before we left this is what it looked like outside. To say that it was time to get out of the valley would be a major understatement. IT WAS DEFINITELY TIME TO GET OUT OF THE VALLEY!!

My parents watched the kids for us so that we could go. I know that I have mentioned before how wonderful my parents are but really, they are so great. As much as they just LOVE watching our kids so that we can go play, they are willing to do it anytime I ask. I am so grateful for the love and support that they give us. And they are so good with the kids. It took Keira about 3 days before she finally started calling me "Mom" instead of "Grandma-I-mean-Mom". Eventually I just started answering to Grandma. HAHAHA!!! My Mom walked outside one day to find Kelsey like this.. So cute. She was just a busy little bee outside shoveling the snow!!!

Friday evening we flew out of Idaho Falls and headed to Las Vegas. We stayed at my Aunt and Uncles house. They live 15 minutes from the strip so it works out really well. Saturday, the boys decided that we needed to go to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and check out what was going on.

It was really cool and nice and warm! Just as we got there as we were walking to our seats two cars raced past us. I could not believe how LOUD and FAST they were! SERIOUSLY!! It was crazy!! Watch this and you can get just a little bit of and idea of what it was like.
Watching it on the video does it no justice! When these cars race past you can feel the pressure of the speed and the sound push on your body!! It is so cool!!! (Top row: Jason, Shawn, Rob, Todd, Sandy, Jann, Hal, Cathy, Vance & Ryan. Front row: Eric, Me)

There were some pretty sweet looking cars, trucks, motorbikes & four-wheelers. Here are just a few.

After we got done there we headed to the MONSTER JAM!!! They have a pit party before the show and you can walk around and see a lot of the trucks and some of the drivers. It was really cool to get to see them up close. Those things are huge!!

The show itself was AWESOME!! We were able to get some pretty good seats so that made it even better. The only thing bad about it was that it was FREEZING cold! Seriously, I was shivering so bad that I could not stop!!



Some of the drivers were doing back flips off of this semi-truck trailer. CRAZY!!! Here is a picture of one of them. Sorry it is so blurry but they were moving so fast it was really hard to get a good one.

I must say that Madusa, a female driver, is TOTALLY AWESOME!! She went out there and did some amazing stuff. She has more *guts* than a lot of the guys that were out there driving. She has now become one of my favorites!! GO MADUSA!!

After the show we headed back to my Aunt & Uncles house and sat in their hot tub! AWWWW!! It was so nice.

Sunday, the boys again decided that we needed to go back to the Speedway to check things out. You know, see if there was anything "Cooler" to see. I thought that this was pretty cool! Hahaha! I think I laughed until I nearly peed my pants!! What a bunch of dorks. Vance, Todd & Eric (in case you couldn't tell).

There really wasn't much more to see but we spent the day there again. It was ok but I think we should have gone out to the new Hover Dam bridge! That would have been cool.

That night we all went out to see the Blue Man Show!

Eric and I had seen it before but still liked it. It is definately a must if you have not seen it.

Monday morning we VERY RELUCTANTLY flew back home and I VERY VERY RELUCTANTLY had to take my totally cool Rental Minivan back. Ok, so I have NEVER LIKED MINIVANS but I fell in love with this thing.
Honestly, it was SO nice to drive. I LOVE that van. I warned Eric that one of these days he will probably come home to find it in the driveway instead of this

Unfortunatly when we got to Idaho Falls we found more of that yucky white stuff falling from the sky. *Ugg* Oh well, it is always good to get home. And rescue my parents from our crazy kiddos.

More Spring Break stuff to come

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Brandy Lynn!! My favorite birthday buddy!! I found your blog and I am giddy! I miss our secretarial days at the ole TNM... with a creeper boss and my dad's rumbly tummy... those were good days! I'm glad you're doing well (Vegas sounds like a blast!) come see me at our blog: stevenwhitney.blogspot.com
:)

Donna Tagliaferri said...

Love your blog!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers