So after Eric and I got back from our Vegas Trip, Eric had to work a couple of days so the kids and I took advantage of having a couple of quiet days at home. We LOVED it!! The kids kept saying how nice it was to be home and I completely agreed with them. It was REALLY nice! It made me really want summer to come! If only the weather would cooperate!
Anyway, Thursday afternoon we all drove to Lava Hot Springs to meet my sister's family to soak in the hot pools! Seriously if you have never done that I really recommend it. It was so nice. And the best thing of all was that it didn't stink like sulfer. Nope! Just really nice naturally warm water! AAAAHHHH!! Paradise!! Sorry, no pictures! I was too busy enjoying myself!!!
That night we stayed at Tami's and stayed up way too late playing games with Tami & Nick. It was so nice spending time with them and especially Nick. He headed back to Iraq the following Sunday. :( *SO SAD* But the sooner he gets his time done the better. He needs to get home and be with his family!!
Friday we decided to take the kiddos to the go cart race track in Idaho Falls, eat yummy lunch and then watch a movie and head home. So we got to the race track only to find out that they were no longer in business. HUGE BUMMER!! The kids were not happy about that!!! And neither were Eric and I. I called my sister to see if she knew of anything else to do in IF. She suggested that we drive to Rigby (15 min) and go to the Riot zone there.
Seems how I have one of those super cool Blackberry phones I quickly got online to get their phone number. (We didn't want to drive all the way there just to find out that they were closed too!!) I found their website and found that they were "NOW OPEN FRIDAY AND SATURDAY from 4:00-10:00!! Whoo hoo! We decided that since it was too early to head over there we would go to lunch, watch a movie and then drive over to the Riot Zone. Whoosh! Saved by the Blackberry!!! We ate lunch at Chuck-a-Rama! Always a big hit with the kiddos and the hubby! I am not a really big fan of Chuck-a-Rama but oh well, I can usually find something that I like.
Eric and I had really been wanting to see the movie Rango
but right before we left for Spring Break I had heard that it was not very good. :( I was kind of upset but figured that we could go watch it and see for ourselves. So when we got to the theater and saw that it was there we were excited. I went in to buy tickets and asked the "ticketer lady" about the movie and she said that she really didn't like it either. Dang!! Another HUGE BUMMER!!! So I bought tickets for HOP instead.
It actually turned out to be a pretty cute and occationally funny show. The kids liked it and that is really all that mattered. I also later found out from a couple of friends of mine that did end up seeing Rango that it was terrible! Yay! I am so glad we did not go and see it.
So after the movie we headed out to the Riot zone. Again thanks to my super-de-dooper cool Blackberry we made it straight there with no problems. Have I mentioned how cool my phone is?? Anyway, we pulled in the driveway and the gate was only half way opened...kind of wierd. Then we realize that there is only like 3 cars in the parking lot....another kind of wierd. As we drive up and park Eric and I both look at each other with a "Hmmmm, this doesn't look like it is open look". All of the stuff is covered in black tarps and there is no one around. I get out of the car and go to the ticket booth to find a man inside. I asked him if they were open and he smiles and says "Not until April 15th". "Ummm" I said, "Your website says NOW OPEN FRIDAY AND SATURDAY". "I know" he says still with a smile on his face "We are trying to get that fixed". ERRRRR!!! So Frustating!!
So back to Idaho Falls we go. Then we didn't know what to do? So we drove around and decided to go to Blast Off. It's a play area for the kids. It has a soft play area, lazer tag & miniture golf. The kids liked it ok.
But to be honest it was pretty dumb and we will probably not go back there again.
After we got done there we headed to Arctic Circle for dinner. The kids played in the play area and had more fun there then they did at Blast Off. Eric and I decided that we should have just gone there earlier and let the kids play for two hours while we ate dinner. Oh well, I guess we know better next time.
All in all it was a fun Spring Break. We really enjoyed having the kids home for a week and spending time with them.

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Friday, April 15, 2011
~Spring Break Part 2~
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Labels: My Family, Time for us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment