"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

~Recognize this guy?~



Yep, Nick is back!

Well, for his two week leave anyway. He has been gone for about 6 months and gets to be home for two weeks then back to finish off the last 6 months!

We headed to Pocatello Friday afternoon. Tami wanted to go to dinner so we went and ate at Costa Vida! I love that place!!! It is seriously so good. Then we headed to our hotel and let the kids swim for a couple of hours before it was time to pick Nick up from the airport!






The kids had so much fun. Kaiden was born a fish and loves the water. Keira is just beginning to grow her fins and is finally starting to enjoy the water and Kelsey, well she LOVES the water! She had lots of fun. We played in the pool for a little while until we realized that we could all go sit in the hot tub!! WOOT WOOT!! I love hot tubs! Anyway, we all enjoyed some time in the water and then it was time to get ready to go see Nick.

We got to the airport around 10:00 pm and waited for his flight! Pocatello's airport is so small and we were the only ones there. It was so exciting waiting for him.



Tami was obviously READY for him to be there. She was so cute to watch. She kept looking through the windows waiting even though we knew his plane was still in the air.



Finally the plane landed and we all started cheering! We were really excited to see him!




When he came walking through the door and Jaycie took off running! It was so cute. As soon as she saw him she was off. He barely made it through the door before he was attacked by Jaycie, Brayden and Tami. It was a very emotional moment! What a neat experience. Something that I will never forget! I was so glad that we were able to be there and share that moment with them. I got it all on video and cry every time I watch it! I really wish he didn't have to go back!

I am so very grateful for the men and women who are willing to leave their family and make such an amazing sacrifice for us! They truly are our heros!!! And then also the families that they leave here in this great country! They sacrifice so much so that we can have the freedoms that we take for granted everyday!!

Thank you Nick for teaching us this great lesson and for your willingness to serve our country!!
God bless you and the USA!!!!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers