Of course we took our yearly Granite Hot Springs trip again this year. We had a beautiful day and it was a lot of fun. We decided to take Kelsey with us this year. She was too small the past two years but this year I thought she would do fine. Eric was a little unsure about taking a two year old on an all day snowmobile trip but she did great! And loved every minute of it. After getting to the swimming pool we played as long as we could. Kelsey loved the water and Kaiden and the boys (Shawn & Ryan) had a fun little competition of who could do the coolest jump into the water. We all laughed watching them. Some of their "tricks" were pretty ummmm......neat, ya that's the word I would use!! But they thought they were pretty cool. Keira had fun swimming around and playing with Jason.
After we all got hungry enough we got out and dressed again. That is always an interesting experience. If you have ever been to Granite you know how "fun" this can be. For those of you who haven't been let me explain. Well the dressing room is a small little 10x10 room with a bench and hooks. That's it. No privacy AT ALL!! I kept watching for people to come out so that I could hurry and run in and get dressed with a little bit of privacy. Well it didn't work out so well. At one point I counted 14 people in their getting dressed or undressed. And some of those ladies have absolutely no problem undressing in front of others!! AHHHH! Which reminds me of a funny story. About 2 years ago when Keira was 3 years old we had an interesting experience in the dressing room. I was really excited because their was only Me, Keira and one other lady trying to get dresses. I quickly got my self dresses and started to get Keira's clothes on when I noticed Keira staring at this other lady. I quietly told her that it is not nice to stare. The next words heard in the dressing room were. "WOW, that's a really big bum!". I turned around to see the other lady bent over putting on her swim suit and nothing else on. She started laughing and so did I. What was I supposed to say?? Embarrassed I said, "Sorry." The lady said "Kids are so honest." Then I quickly got Keira dresses and left. I was so embarrassed. But I laughed the entire way home. Keira's honesty stays the same. If she is thinking something she will usually say it. I can't quite decided if this is a good or a bad thing. Either way that's the way it is.
So after we were done swimming and getting dressed we all hopped on the snowmobiles and headed a short distance away and built a fire to roast hot dogs. Kelsey lasted about 2 seconds. She spend the entire time we cooked lunch like this.
HEHEHE!!!! It did look pretty funny.
She did wake up just before we left. I quickly fed her a hot dog and then we headed back to the trucks. She fell back to sleep as soon as the sled started. But was awake the whole way home. It was such a fun day.
Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
~Granite Again~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment