REALLY?? Can it be?? Is she really TWO?? 
Here she is "Loving" on her cow. Needless to say, that cow never left her side. I mean seriously! She took that cow everywhere!! See!!!
(Just so you know I took the swing out of storage when I was babysitting a friends baby. Sadly enough the baby wanted nothing to do with it but Kelsey has fallen in love with it) Then she found her snow gear and Kaiden's goggles and needed them on. What a dork!!
The cow even got to play with the cars!
Now for her cake! That is a completely different story all together. Do you want to hear it?? OK!! I had this really great idea of doing a farm cake. You know, really cute with a plowed up dirt (brown frosting and oreos) field with cows scattered in it. Well, when I couldn't find the kind of cute cows that I wanted I had Eric check out Kmart in the town were he works. (For those of you who don't know were we live we are really limited in our options. Walmart is 1 1/2 to 2 hours away in either direction and the only other option that we have is Kings (whoopdy-do) and Family Dollar (yee-ha). So anyway I had Eric look and he was able to find these really cute farm animals with wheels. It included a pig, horse, sheep & cow. OK I can try to make something work with that. I thought. So I baked the cake and then we were headed up to my mom's for Kelsey's b-day party. I figured that I would get it frosted and stuff up their. I put the cake in the car (On the floor because it was still really warm from the oven and I didn't want it to burn or melt my leather seats.) As we were leaving Kaiden realized that he didn't grab his coat so he hurried and jumped out of the car. (Careful not to step on the cake!!) When he came back to the car he jumped right in. Then he said "Uh oh". OH NO!!! I turned around to see a HUGE footprint complete with dirt and small rocks right in the middle of my cake. *UGG* What can you say at that point?? I mean really. "Kaiden" was all that I could get out. Honestly, I wanted to cry. It was all that I could do to keep the tears from running. Eric stayed calm and that helped alot. He said "You know, sometimes things like this happen" and then started backing the car out of the driveway. We got up to my mom's and I sadly carried my, what was supposed to be a super cute farm cake into the house. As soon as they saw it they all asked what happened. We explained the story and then my mom and sister helped me try to make it look cute. Here is our finished product. I wish that I would have taken a picture with the shoe print in it but at the time it just didn't seem right. I don't know why it keeps turning this picture on it's side. I have tried to fix it but nothing works. Oh well.
I think it turned out pretty cute. We ended up cutting the shoe print out and making a mud hole for the pig. Tami even colored some coconut green so that we could have grass. Thank you Mom and Sue!!! You don't know how much it helped me to end up making the cake cute!!! Do you see that little brownish green pile of frosting to the left of the cow? Well can you guess what it is? It's a cow poopy! Ha ha my sister and I decided that our farm need a cow poop. Hehehe (we thought that we were pretty funny. And so did the 7, 5 & 3 year olds!!)
Nick called Tami while we were having our party so I took a picture so that we could say that Nick was a part of the party. (Sorry Tam, I just had to!!)
Here's the birthday girl opening her presents.
I can't believe that we didn't get a picture of the gift that Tami gave to her. She had called and asked what Kelsey wanted for her birthday. Well, I said she LOVES cows and babies. So when Kelsey opened the present from Tami and it was a baby that is dressed up like a cow and even moo's I couldn't believe it. How perfect. And Kelsey loves it!!
My parents gave her a super cute bug that has all sorts of buttons and noises and fun stuff to do. Kelsey loves it but I am begining to think that it may just randomly end up at Mom's house one of these days!!

On Sunday we had Eric's parents and brother and his family over for Kelsey's birthday and brownies. I love having family so close!! It is has always been something that I wanted. For my kids to grow up knowing their family and being close to them. It is one of those things that I never want to lose!
Two things that I think are great about Kelsey are:
1. She is totally sweet
2. She is totally sassy
I really don't know how she does it but you can be really upset with her and then turn around and she will make you smile. I LOVE YOU KELS!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment