"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Friday, October 15, 2010

~Intermittent Springs~

My sister was visiting last weekend and really wanted to take a trip up to Intermittent Springs. I was so excited because I had just been asking Eric about a week earlier if we could go. So Saturday came and we all piled in the car and headed to Afton. Eric was supposed to go to the Sand Dunes with his brother but things didn't quite work out and he ended up coming with us!!! I was sooo excited! Him,...well at least it was something to do.
Anyway, the trees were so pretty headed up the canyon and I can't believe that I didn't even get one picture. Just believe me when I tell you that it was a pretty drive!

Now, if you don't know anything about the intermittent springs you can read all of the technical stuff here. INTERMITTENT SPRINGS But if you don't want to, then, I can tell you this. It is the largest Intermittent Spring in the world, it is not intermittent in Winter, Spring, and Early Summer and it is caused by an underground cave that fills with water and then empties.

We got there just in time to see it just start down the rocks. It was so pretty. We hiked up to the top where it comes out of the mountain and waited for it to stop. The kids thought that was really cool. The river just stopped running. Then about 20 minutes later it started back up again. It was pretty cool to watch. I got a video of it but it will not upload. I guess it is too big. :(


The kids were so excited to get out and move around. I don't even think that Kaiden knew that there was a trail. He spent most of his time running up and down the side of the mountain. He LOVED every minute of it.




Keira had a lot of fun too. She is always really excited to go and do something but never all that motivated when it comes to actually doing it. Hiking is definitely not her favorite past time but she did awesome!

Kelsey? Well she just got packed around the whole day. She LOVED riding in the stroller, being on daddy's shoulders, and hanging out with Aunt Tami. She was such a good sport.


Hey, look, I did get some pretty pictures!!

Here's the kids at the bottom of the hill where the spring comes down.

Notice how there is no water running at the bottom of the hill?? That is because it hadn't made it that far yet. I was trying to get the camera out when the hill had no water on it but I wasn't quick enough.
Look how pretty it is. This pretty green moss is all over the rocks.
Here's the kids waiting for it to stop. When it is going the whole width of the opening is full of water.
And now.... no water. Pretty cool hu!?
Me and mom at the top waiting for it to start again.

Kelsey being so brave. And Tami trying to stay out of the picture. She did such a good job!!
Kaiden, Brayden, Keira, Jaycie, Kelsey & Aunt Tami.
As you can see from all of the sweatshirts and coats it was quite cold. But not too unpleasant. After we watched the water start again we all ate a little picnic lunch at the bottom of the hill. It was such a fun day. I would like to make it a yearly thing that we do. Just maybe when it is a little bit warmer.

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers