So after we left Kelsey at my grandmas Monday night she was soooo upset at us. Tuesday morning she decided that I HAD to hold her all the time. And she would not let me out of her sight. We had planned to take her to my Aunts house so that we could go do things that you couldn't really take a baby to. But that was obviously not going to work so....she got her way.
We went to the Hill Air force Base Museum. WOW!!! I was impressed with all of the planes that they had. It was way cool. To tell you the truth I was not too excited to go to the Museum but I was really glad that I did.
The man in this picture took time to talk to us. Actually he took about 45 min of his time to talk to us.
It was really interesting. He talked about why certain planes had certain names and what all of the markings were. He told personal stories and what type of person it took to fly and fight in WWII. It was really interesting. The coolest thing though. He asked us where we were from. We told him and it ends up that his Great Great Grandfather was the very first Bishop in our home ward. What a small world.
Doesn't Kyle look so excited to be there??? I think he kinda was, he just didn't want to show it.
The kids took time to play while everyone else was looking at all of the cool planes. Kelsey thought it was really funny to crash into people with the stroller. After a while all of the kids ankles were sore. We had to make her stop.
Keira took some time to practice her amazing dance moves out on the open floor.
After the Museum we headed over to Boondocks. It is a play area that has Go Karts, Miniature Golf, Laser Tag, Arcades, Bowling and more. It was way fun. We went bowling when we got there. It was pretty cool. The pins were glowing. The kids had a lot of fun and the adults kinda did too.
Kaiden, Keira, Shawn, Ryan and Jason.
This is a terribly dark picture of Eric bowling but you can see how cool the pins looked.
Kelsey showing a little bit of attitude!
Yes, that ball is flying through the air. You can only imagine how loud it was when it hit the ground. EEEEKKK! I though we were going to get into trouble a couple of times.
Granny Shot!!!
I interrupt this sweet little story to tell you one that just really upset me.
Ok so Kelsey had been screaming and throwing fits all day long. (Totally out of character) She is usually really sweet and very content with everything that is going on around her. Well not today and honestly not for the rest of the WHOLE WEEK!!! Anyway, there she was pushing the stroller and throwing a hissy fit, for like the 3-zillionth time that day. Ok maybe not that many but it sure seemed like it. She was such a crab!! Anyway the strollers wheels weren't going like she wanted them to and she starts screaming and flops herself on the ground and she kicking around like a crazy woman. I am trying my best to hold my temper and slowly walk over to her and gently stand her up and get her walking again. NO KIDDING, two seconds later she is doing the EXACT same thing again but this time in the highest pitched squeal that you have ever heard. Well, I just could not take it anymore. So I went over and peeled her up off the floor and as I am marching her over to have a"Time Out" she is screaming and flailing around and she reaches around and smacks me square on the face.
Now, I don't know how you would have handled it but I was not very happy. I told her that that was not OK and sat her on the closest couch that I could find. She of course was not about to sit there and starts really screaming again and reaches to hit me again. So I held her there and held her hands so that she could not move. It didn't take long and she started to settle down. So I was talking to her and telling her that she could not act like that and that she needed to stop hitting.
The next thing I know there is this lady standing in front of me. She starts to tell me that she does not approve of the way that I was treating my daughter and that she could call Child Protective Services on me. (ARE YOU KIDDING ME????) I informed her that I did not do anything to my daughter, and that she needs to mind her own business!! She then proceeds to tell me that I am an unfit mother and didn't deserve to have children!! (??????) I could not believe what I was hearing. The rest of what she said to me, for the next 10 minutes, is a total and complete blur as I am sitting their trying to figure out what I did that was "Not An Acceptable" way to discipline my child. I know I defended myself and said a few other things but I really don't remember what it was. The next thing I knew she was walking away telling me that I needed to watch myself because there is always people watching me. Then she was gone. UMMMM, OK. That was weird. My heart was racing so fast. I didn't even know what to say or what to do. I could have just screamed. I was so mad. Oh the things that I would say to her now if I could. By now Kelsey was very calm and looking at me like "Whoa, what just happened?" We took another minute to sit on the couch and think about what just happened. Honestly I still can't think what I did to make her think that I was being abusive. I really can't. I am not an abusive person and would never do anything that would require Child Protective Services to be called. I could not even believe it. I walked over to my Mother-in-law and told her what had happened. She said that the lady had come over to her after she left me and told her that I was aloud to hold my child but not aloud to discipline her. WHAT??? Are you serious? Where was this lady now? I had something to say to her!!! She was gone. I don't know where she went. She was just gone. My blood was just boiling. ERRRRR!!
Even now telling this story it just makes me so mad. I can't believe the nerve of people. No wonder the children of the world these days are having such respect and discipline issues. Parents are not allowed to discipline them. Especially in public. Have you ever had an experience like this? I would really like to know about it. What would you have done or what did you do??
Anyway, we will now continue on with the fun stuff.
Keira was tall enough to drive her own Go Kart. I was really worried about turning her loose on one but she did great. There were only a few times when she was watching other drivers and would slam into the side rail and the go-kart-helper-man would have to go and get her unstuck. 

The big boys (Eric, Rob, Hal, Vance and Kyle) wore the big go karts out and I am sure that there are a few that need some repairs. But they got their $17.00 worth. I don't even think that would cover the gas that it took to keep those cars going. We got to Boondocks around 3:00 and didn't leave until 10:30. 80% of that time the boys were driving the Karts. They loved it. 

I did get a couple of turns but I had a baby that still had no nap and was REALLY grumpy who I was not allowed to discipline!! (I think most of her grumpyness though is just that she likes to be home) I was even afraid to tell her "NO" when she was doing something that she was not supposed to.We did play a couple of games of Laser Tag and the kids wore themselves out on the Arcades and the Soft Play area.
All in all it was a fun day but my day and rest of the week had been ruined. That dumb lady just really upset me!!!






2 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh! Really? That makes ME mad just hearing about it. Some people are so stupid! I am sorry that she had to ruin your trip!
Wow! I know you didn't think it was funny but reading it I can picture you facing this lady. (Kinda funny) If we saw more of you I would have said that Kelsey has spent way too much time with Jaycie.
Post a Comment