"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break *Part 4*

So on to Wednesday, day 4. We decided to head over to the Rec. Center that is close to my grandparents house and take the kids swimming. When we got their the swimming pool was not open yet so we figured that we would try out ice skating for a while. The last time I went ice skating was probably when I was like 10 or so. Sometimes we would go after swimming lessons. I always loved it and picked up on it pretty quick. Eric had been only one time before (with an old girlfriend) and Kyle and Vance had never been before. Kaiden and Keira were really excited to try it out. So we got all laced up and away we went. We all looked pretty silly at first but got quite a bit better by the time we were done!

Keira had a really hard time keeping the blades underneath her feet. She pretty much just skated around with her ankles together and the bottoms of her feet pointed out. She really tried, but she didn't last too long and decided that she was done.
Kaiden stayed along the wall for a while going back and forth holding the side, but pretty soon he was sliding around the rink like he had been doing it forever. He did really good. I was really impressed with him.
After we had been out there flopping around for a while this lady that was out skating came over and offered to teach us the basics. We must have looked pretty bad. But we were excited to learn something and after a little bit we could do all the things that she had told us to.
Vance took a few pretty hard falls that echoed through the whole room. I think that kid is made of rock. He would hit the ice so hard. It really looked like it hurt but he would just pop back up and keep going. We did get a pretty good laugh every once in a while though. Here I am trying to keep Keira from bending her ankles too much. It didn't work very well. Kaiden is going along the wall and Eric is coming toward us. Vance is the one on the far right. Kaiden and Eric. Have I mentioned before that I just love my two boys?? Well I do!!!! Here is a video of Kaiden ice skating. He really did get pretty good for his very first time putting skates on. Oh and that lady that you see at the very end, she is the one that was teaching us the basics. I guess that she teaches ice skating and is pretty good.
After we got done ice skating it was time to go swimming. The kids were so excited. The Rec Center was so nice and I was really wishing that we had something like it by our house. Maybe some day (hahaha, wishful thinking). They had a very nice place for the kids to play. The water was not too deep, in most places, and there was plenty for them to do. I could hardly get them to hold still long enough for some pictures but did eventually get some. Kelsey was so worried that I was going to wander off that she made sure that she was either sitting on my legs or I was holding her. She did eventually venture out enough to push a ball back and forth to Kaiden but never got to far away from me. That is until her Daddy came and took her around the pool. Then he was the only thing that she wanted. It is pretty cute to see the two of them together. Here is Kaiden trying to spray me with water!! Haha, nice try kiddo!! Where's Kaiden??
Oh, there he is. This kid loved the slide. I think he wore out his swimming suit going down that slide so many times.
I am not sure what Eric is doing in this picture. I think he is trying to get Kelsey to say Cheese. Jann (Grandma Heiner) is on the steps. Hal (Grandpa Heiner), Eric, Kelsey, Keira and Kaiden. Kaiden & Keira being goofy. Vance is the guy that is smiling at them.
Keira showing her flexibility.
OHHHH, now isn't that just the cutest thing that you ever saw?? I just love that little stinker. As you can tell by the wet, snowy, cold that you see out the window the weather was not "Spring like" that day. It was pretty chilly.
I really was there. Someone has to take the pictures you know.

1 comments:

Catherine Andrews said...

I am tired from your trip. I can't even imagine how tired you were from all of your great adventures.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers