"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Say What?

Kaiden and Keira are in the Kitchen and I am working on the computer. This is the conversation that I heard.

Kaiden-"I feel like I am not wearing any underwear".

Keira-"WHY?"

Kaiden-"Cuz I am wearing boxers"

Keira-"What are boxers?"

Kaiden-"They are the kind of underwear that you wear that feels like you are not wearing any underwear."

I busted up laughing!! What a dork!
*******************************************************************************
Ever since we brought Keira home from the hospital we have got A TON of questions and comments about her. People used to stop me all the time to ask about her, touch her hair, talk to her, comment on their brown kids, etc, etc, etc... I just have gotten so used to it. In fact I have been kinda worried lately how Keira would be able to answer the questions when they stated coming and I wasn't there to answer them for her. What would she say? Would she know what to say? Would they be mean to her? Needless to say, I thought that I had heard about everything.

Until...........

In the grocery store the other day, a little boy about Keira's age and his mother walked past us. The boy stopped and looked at Keira and then at me and then back to Keira. (I kinda knew what was coming).

Boy to Keira-"Why are you so brown and your mom isn't?"

Keira-(in the most "Southern" voice she has ever had and before I could even begin to explain). "Because, I wasn't in her belly! I was in Candice's belly and she is brown like me!!"

She even had the whole "black" girl head shake thing going on! It was so funny. The boys mom just laughed and said. "Well, I guess she answered that question didn't she." I just said "Yep" and then started to laugh. It was the funniest thing ever. I really don't think that I need to worry too much about what Keira will do when she starts getting asked questions. I think she will be just fine. For now!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I can totally picture Keira doing that!

A. Simpson said...

Ohh, I loved this post! You go, girl!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers