"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mom Moments

So have you ever been sitting there and had a Mom Moment?  I don't have Mom Moments a lot but on occasion they do happen.  Tonight was one of those nights and I just needed to blog about it.  I was doing some pages in my kids scrapbooks and was noticing how fast they are growing and changing.  And it hit me really hard that they are not going to be little kids for long.  I just wish that time could just stop.  That I could slow things down for a bit and just enjoy my kids more often. Kaiden is 7, Keira is 4 and Kelsey is 1 now and before I know it they are going to be 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11...... and I will never get these days back.  I want to enjoy the moments that really matter and not get so caught up in everything else.  Does it really matter if I get one more load of laundry done or could I just sit and cuddle my baby for a little bit.  Or can the dishes wait a little longer while a read my little ones just one more book.  Do I really need to yell at my 1st grader to get his homework done or could I let him take a break and help him build a really cool Lego gun?  I understand that there are things that need done but are they more important than spending time with my kids while they still want to spend time with me.   I absolutely love being a mom and spending time with my family but do my kids know that by my actions.  Am i making any sense at all??   What I am trying to say is that THESE ARE THE DAYS THAT WE WILL LOOK BACK ON AND WISH THAT THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER ENDED!!!

3 comments:

A. Simpson said...

True dat!

Carrie said...

Brandy, I totally get what you are saying. And it is so true!
Hey I LOVE the saying on your card ". . . you should see my heart" and all that. I might have to steal it. what a committed blogger you are. It is fun reading about you and your family, which by the way, is beautiful.

Brittney said...

Ditto! I have to keep reminding myself this exact same thing!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers