"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

~Cruise Part 2~

~Day 6 (Thursday)~
AHH! Paradise!!! Today we went to Half Moon Cay (said Key) Bahamas. I have never seen a beach this pretty! Seriously, it is just like being in one of those commercials of these beautiful places that you know that you will never get to see. But at the same time it was real. AMAZING!! Look at these pictures.





I took a video of the beach because it was so pretty. And of course just as I did the lifeguards all started this whistle code thing. Oh well you can see and hear how pretty it is.



I could not get over how clear and pretty the water was. I just kept taking picture after picture. Eric kept looking at me like I was crazy, but it was so pretty.

The island of Half Moon Cay is actually owned by Norwegian Cruise lines. Carnival (the cruise line we went with) bought shares into the island so that they could stop there too. No one lives on this island. There is a little "Shopping" area for travelers that is stocked by Norwegian Cruise Lines and Carnival Cruise Lines. The Crew of our ship have to bring everything onto the island. Food, drinks, souvenirs, etc. You get the idea. It was honestly beautiful. The highest point on this island is a whopping 65 feet. Yep, it is a whole elevation 65 at its highest point. Crazy!!

We decided to go on the Kayaking excursion at this stop and it turned out to be really fun. We had only about 10 people that ended up with us. Sadly I didn't get any pictures. :( I was worried about tipping over and loosing my camera into the water. But it really was pretty. We went around a little gulf on the back side of the island and our guide told us that if there was ever an emergency on the island, a water plane or the United States National Guard would come into the gulf to help out.

After lunch which was a BBQ chicken buffet made by our cruise line crew. We went back to the beach to enjoy our time in Paradise. We rented a "Clam Shell" It was so nice because it was sooo HOT!!

Here is Eric lounging in our Clam Shell.

While we were hanging out this huge black cloud came over and it started to rain. And it really really rained!! It was raining so hard that we could barely see our ship. It was amazing.

And then it passed just as quickly as it came and it was beautiful again.

This picture turned out really cute but I can't get it to turn the right direction for some reason.

What a fun day!! I really wish that I was still there!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers