My amazing Brother-in-Law, Nick, is leaving today to serve for 1 year in Iraq. He is leaving his wife (my sister) and 2 kids at home. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for their family. He is such a great guy and is ready to serve this great country. My sister is a teacher and will continue to do that while taking care of their two kids. She has been so positive through this whole thing and is such an inspiration to me.
About a month ago his mother did a little farewell lunch for him and his brother Shawn who is also going on this same mission to Iraq. Poor mother, having two sons going at the same time to war. Shawn's wife is going to be having a baby in about a month or so. I can't even imagine trying to go a year without my husband or one of my kids let alone have a new baby without him. What amazingly strong woman they are. I truly believe that the families of all of our troops don't get nearly enough credit. They are the ones that have to keep things together here at home and it is not an easy task. Here are a few of the pictures that I took from the farewell.
Nick and his brothers lined the entire yard in these flags. It looked so cool!
Kelsey getting a great big Nicker squeeze.
The National Guard provided this really fun bouncy house for the kids!!
They loved it.
Then Tami and I had to try it out. We raced through it.
It was not easy!!
And in the end Tami won!! ERRRRRR!!
My sister and mom always complain about the pictures of them that I put on my blog. But seriously, look what they give me to work with.
Even Nick makes things difficult!
Nick you are going to be GREATLY missed!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!! AND PLEASE BE SAFE!!!!!
Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
~Support our Troops~
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Labels: Important to me, My Family, This place I live
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Nice Sue!!
Brandy
Thank you sooooo much. This is a beautiful tribute. It really touched my heart and I know it touched Nick too because he called me and told me to look at it. You are a wonderful Mother, sister, and daughter of God. Bless you for your kindness!
Karla
Post a Comment