"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

~Memorial Weekend~

Usually my Memorial Weekend post is full of pictures of Camping (in the rain), Boating (in the rain), Cookouts (in the rain), four-wheeling (in the rain), Campfires (in the rain), Family Fun (in the rain) OH, and did I mention that it ALWAYS rains.

This time my Memorial Weekend post doesn't have a single picture, no camping, no boating, no campfires, and no four-wheeling but it does include cookouts, family fun and.......

yep, you guessed it, RAIN!!

Our weekend started on Friday night when all of the Heiner Clan came into town for Tom's mission report. We all decided to head to Dad's Steakhouse for dinner. So that's what we did. All 14 of us. Plus two babies. (Me, Eric, Hollie, Jed, Brian, Krista, Jessica (Hoopes, she is not a Heiner yet, but it is a very good possibility) Tom (the one that Jessica was "WITH"), Rob, Rachel, Cambrie, Cathy, Vance, Ken, Becky and the newest little Audrey). Wow, what a group. It was a lot of fun to get together and hang out. That was until the customer-service-challenged waitress would not split our bill for us but very politely suggested that we just split it evenly! HAHAHA, ya right. Like someone who ordered a salad for dinner is going to pay the same as someone who ordered a prime rib. What a joke. Oh, and by the way "NO OUT OF STATE CHECKS". WHAT???? Are you kidding me. It is not like they were too busy either. Besides our table there was one other table of four in the whole place. The cook/owner, waitress and other worker were all sitting at a table talking and folding silverware. But it "makes it too hard for us" she said. So we sat their with our little phone calculators trying to figure up our check. After we went through everyone and totalled up everything that everyone ordered we left our cash and our out of state checks on the table and left. Well, all but two of us who kind of showed up late and were still finishing their dinner. And guess what. They ended up paying an additional $20.00 on top of their bill. Yep, why?? Very good question. We had all added up our bills, we had all figured it up, and we had all payed our part. The only thing that we can figure is that she had added up our check wrong. So now the customer-service-challenged waitress has now be come the addition-challenged waitress. AAARRRR!! How frustrating!!! Needless to say, that is the last time that we are going to go to that restaurant. The worst part, is that are options are already slim pickens as it is.

Saturday morning we were hoping to be able to get family pictures taken with everyone but guess what?? No, it didn't rain, but it was way too cold for the little bitties and so we decided to wait until Sunday to do pictures. The kids and I spent all day at the Heiner house hanging out with grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast and so did I. We usually sit and play games all day and eat. Can it get any better than that?? Eric and all of the other boys and some wife's (not me) ended up going out and shooting guns. Whoo Hooo! For some reason I have never really liked guns. I guess I don't understand what is so entertaining about shooting at something. But, I guess to each his own. Anyway, they all ended up having fun.

Sunday was Tom's mission report and he did an amazing job. He is such a cute kid and a lot of people came to listen to him report. It sounds like he did a great job and served the Lord well. After church we all hurried home to change our clothes and get the kids a little bit of food so that we could take pictures. Can you imagine getting 32 people into one picture?? I kept expecting Brittney to throw her hands in the air and walk away but she didn't! She did an amazing job!! I am sure by the time that we separated out each of the 7 married couples and families and then grand kids, original family, and then added spouses Brittney's nerves were probably shot. I think she went home with a funky twitch in her eye that may never go away!! But we really appreciated her taking time out of her Sunday to take our pictures for us!!
THANKS BRITT!!!!
We all ended up at Rob's house Sunday night after an amazing lunch at the Thayne Senior Center and then our mandatory Sunday naps. We played games and the kids had a ball playing with each other.

Monday the boys all headed out for a motorbike ride and I got caught up on some housework that I had neglected over the long weekend. I was also able to get my garden planted which I will be posting pictures of later!! I rented a Roto-Tiller from the local hardware store and went after it. It probably would have worked out A LOT better if I would have watered the ground a little bit before but I didn't. That thing bounced off the hard ground like it was made of springs. Which also caused me to bounce, since it weighs probably ten times more than I do. I thought that my arms were going to get yanked out of place. Kaiden just kept watching me with these HUGE eyes like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I had to stop about every 10 seconds because that thing wanted to run way with me. I could hardly keep it in place to do any good. One of he times I stopped Kaiden looked at me and said in his best man voice (which he uses anytime we are doing "man" projects) that this is "A MANS JOB!!" HAHAHA. I thought I was going to pee my pants I was laughing so hard. Every once in a while I would glance over at him while I was bouncing along and he would be flexing and checking out his muscles. HEHE that kid makes me laugh.
We had Rob & Rachel and their family over for a BBQ and games that night and had fun!!

I love spending time with family!! It is one of my favorite things to do. It is one of the reasons that I get so excited for summertime, because I know that we are going to be having a lot of fun times together!!

YAY FOR SUMMER!!!


1 comments:

Brittney said...

I can't believe they were so ignorant at Dad's. They obviously don't really want to keep their customers.

And it really wasn't too bad taking everyone's pictures. I actually get more stressed out taking pictures of my own kids. It was a little bit of a challenge, but not too bad. And I think they turned out great.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers