Most of you know our family pretty well and have been around to see Keira grow up. WAY TO FAST!! But for those of you who are not around much or don't know Keira very well. I am going to give you a quick history lesson on her eyes.
When Keira was about 4 weeks old we started noticing that her left eye was turned in slightly (crossed).
You can kind of see it in this picture.
For some reason when she was on her belly it would straighten out a little bit. Most of the pictures that I took of her she was on her belly.
Keira is about 4 months old in this picture. You can see the her eye is turned in just a little bit more. Ok, maybe a lot more.
When she was about 6 months old or so we took her into see an opthamologist. He decided that he wanted to do surgery to try to straighten it out a little bit. It was decided that we would wait until she was just a little bit bigger before doing the surgery.
This is her at about 6 almost 7 months old. By now the crossed eye was getting really bad.

When Keira was 10 months old she went in and had surgery. They ended up doing the surgery on both eyes and the ended up looking great.
Doesn't she look so pretty? I just love that picture of her.
Why am I telling you all of this??
Keira is going in to have surgery on her eye again this weekend. Because when she takes off her glasses her left eye (the one that was crossed) goes out and up. Her doctor wants to straighten it out just a little bit more and hopefully we won't have anymore problems with it.
Wow that was a pretty short lesson on what could be a very long explanation if I went into all of the details. Anyway, Keira is pretty excited about having surgery.
And to top it off we get to spend the weekend at my sisters and enjoy fun times with the cousins. We can't wait.
I will keep a post on the surgery and hopefully get some pictures.
More to come......
Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Quick History Lesson
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Good luck Keira!
Hope eveything goes good. Keira, what a cute lil' baby!
She was a super cute baby! Good luck with her surgery this weekend! She's one tough cookie.
Keira is a beautiful little girl.
I hope all goes well with the surgery - she is brave :D
Post a Comment