"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update on Kaiden's Award!!

This is the email that I got from Kaiden's teacher today explaining Kaiden's Award and his $$ that he received from the school!

Dear Brandy,

Kaiden was very excited to receive both his Citizenship Award and his check during our last school sing. Last fall the students created a piece of artwork (a poster) about what the Preamble of the Constitution meant to them. This contest was sponsored by an organization outside of school. They awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place to students in first grade, second grade, and third grade. Although the artwork was turned in last October the organization just sent the awards to the school. The check for Kaiden was his award for this art contest!! He took 3rd place in first grade!The Citizenship Award is a school award. The school has a set of values that we work on throughout the year...focusing on one value each month. The month of February we focused on the value of Citizenship. During the month the classroom teachers and a student leader chosen for the month (called a P.A.L.) look for students in the class who demonstrate the value we are working on. At the end of the month a student who demonstrates that value is chosen to be recognized. The students that are recognized receive a certificate. Kaiden received his certificate for demonstrating the value of Citizenship throughout the month of February.
Ms. I.

Great Job Kaiden!! That is SO cool. This was his reaction when I read the email from Ms. I.
I am hoping that I will get to see the picture that Kaiden drew. I am so excited for him! What a great Kid!!

1 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

How cool is that! Way to go Kaiden!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers