"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love the Olympics


I love watching the Olympics it is so fun to me. It is such an exciting time for the Olympians. We watched the Opening Ceremonies last night and it was so cool. It is fun to watch each country enter the stadium and see the excitement in their eyes. I get really excited for them. The fact that they were able to make it this far and the thought that they might accomplish their hopes and dreams just sucks me right in. I cheer for all of them but of course hope that the Americans win.
The sad news that one of the Olympians from Georgia (the Country) died the day of the Opening Ceremonies and before he was even able to participate is just heartbreaking. I truly feel for his teammates. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for them. Even going into the Opening Ceremonies without him must have been so difficult.
I would love to be able to attend the Olympics one day. When they came to Salt Lake City we didn't even make it to see any of the events. We happened to be in SLC at the time and walked the streets of down town and heard Mary J. Blige singing. The atmosphere was amazing. What a fun time for all of those who get to participate.
Anyway, GO AMERICA!!!
And good luck to all Olympians!!


2 comments:

CB said...

The Olympics are exciting.
I was really sad to hear about that luger - such a sad start to such a grand few weeks.
I loved watching Apollo Ohno on the short track last night and can't wait for figure skating to start!

What's your favorite?

Brandy Lynn said...

I definately have some favorites in snow boarding but just love to watch the figure skating. We have been watching the Olympics constantly and my kids are getting really into it. It is so fun to see what they get excited about. Kaiden is likeing the Luge and Keira just thinks that the dresses on the figure skaters are so pretty. Fun times!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers