"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Extreme Makeover Keira's Bedroom Edition

******WARNING******** Some photos are extremely horrifying and not suitable to those of you moms that ALWAYS have a clean home!!!! ~cough~Tami~cough~. I actually had to convince myself that I needed to post these pictures. Just to remind myself what happens when you just believe your 4 1/2 year old when she says that she "Cleaned her room". Actually her exact words where "Mom it's clean. But sept, I can't really make my bed bery good." I casually told her that that that was ok and that I would help her make it before she went to bed. Then when bed time came around, I walked into this......................(beware of the gasp, it gets me every time)....................
Now, before those evil little thoughts come slipping into your head. In my defence, I did teach her how to clean her room and she knows how. An honestly for 4 she can clean her room very well. But lately it has been like pulling teeth to get her to actually do it. And to do it right.

I could not believe what I was seeing. Of course she kind of expected me to be upset when I walk in to her room so she just stood quietly by her bed and whispered "Ummm, I think Kelsey got the books out again". ~Breath~Just~Breath~
Trying to remain calm, I asked her in the nicest voice that I could muster. (Which wasn't really all that nice). What she did clean up when she was "Cleaning her room". All that she could say was.........~pause~............Ummmmm...........~longer pause~...............................I don't know..........~slight shrug of shoulders~..............................maybe the babies or something................~followed by a trying to be sweet look~.........................
Needless to say, I could not contain my frustration any longer. I flipped!!!! Explaining to her for the hundred and 99th time that she knows how to clean her room, she knows where the toys go, she knows how to put the books back, etc, etc. etc. Then I tucked her in bed and told her that tomorrow I was going to "Clean her room and that she may not even end up with any toys".
Ya, I am that kind of mom. Except for when I went to bed last night I felt terrible!!! The last thing that she heard before she went to bed was her Mommy yelling at her and telling her that I was going to take her toys away. So now of course I could not sleep. I got up to check on her and she was sound asleep. Feeling terrible is the worst. There is really no way to fix it. Specially in the middle of the night. Finally I talked myself into go back to bed and fixing things in the morning.
I got up early and got Kaiden off to school and did my exercised and then went and got ready for the day. Keira came in a little while later and we had a nice talk. I told her how sorry I was that I got so upset at her and that I really felt bad. Well I think that she had forgot about the whole thing because the entire time I am pouring my heart out to her and trying to apologize she is looking at me like I am crazy. I explained to her that WE were both going to clean her room today and we were going to make it a little bit easier for her to clean it in the future.
7 hours later it was finished. ~Sigh~ Now you can take a really deep breath and breath like normal.
We ended putting about 2 1/2 bins FULL of toys into the storage (Junk) room. (I like calling it the Storage room it just sounds better that Junk room) And I really don't even think that she is going to miss any of those toys.
We even went through all of her and Kelsey's clothes and cleaned out the closet and dresser. It felt so good. Keira LOVES to have a clean room and hopefully by condensing the "clutter" she will be able to keep it that way.
Doesn't it look SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO much better? For those of you that noticed, yes I did move Kelsey's bed out of Keira's room for now. Kelsey has been sleeping terrible lately and I thought that I would try and see if she sleeps better in her own room. Sadly that happens to be in the Storage room also.
Now I am looking forward to a good nights sleep.
And hopefully we still have a clean room by this time tomorrow!!! WE WILL SEE!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Holy cow! Good job! Don't you hate it when you lose it and yell at your kids? I always feel terrible afterward! I wouldn't have been able to sleep either! I wish Bridger would even "pretend" to clean his room!

Tami said...

Brandy I am truly impressed!Keira's room looks wonderful, good job.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers