We get so excited for Halloween at our house. It means the start of the holidays and also lots and lots of candy. Our Halloween candy lasts forever at our house. I usually have to through it out around Christmas time so that we can make room for all of our Christmas treats. This Halloween was no different. The kids got so excited about getting dressed up, watching Halloween movies, telling spooky stories and everything else that they do at home and school.
To kick off Halloween we went to the 4-H Halloween festival at the fairgrounds in Afton with Brittany, Bridger, Gunner and Beckham Brog. They had a bunch of different fun stuff for the kids to do. They had a fortune teller, bean bag toss, donuts hanging on a string to eat, making cute little ghosts out of suckers, a spook allie (read further down to hear about our spook allie experience) and face painting. The kids decided that they wanted to get their faces painted. Everyone was getting cute little things on their cheeks. Spiders, Bats, Cats, Tigers, Ghosts, Butterflies, ect. Kaiden went first and got a Bat. It looked pretty spooky. Then Bridger went and got a spider and Gunner wanted a tiger. Well, Keira was next. We had talked about all of the cute little things that she could get on her cheek and I thought that we had decided that she wanted a little cat. Well when she sat down she said. "I want a dog". "OK a dog". The girls said. "All over my whole face". Says Keira. "All over your whole face?" Says the girl. "Yep" says Keira. "OK!". So we waited, and waited, and waited for Keira to get her dog. It was pretty funny. All of the other kids are walking around with cute little things on their cheeks and Keira decides she is going to be transformed into a dog. All we could do was laugh. She comes up with the funniest things sometimes. Anyway here is our cute little puppy dog Keira.
After our face painting Kaiden decided that he was going to be really brave and go to the spook allie. I told him that is was probably going to be really scary and I wasn't sure he was really going to like it but he really wanted to go. So as we are getting ready to go Keira decided that if Kaiden was going then she was going to. I told her that she would need to wait at least another year. She didn't agree with me and after alot of convincing me that she really, really wanted to go even if it was going to be really scary we headed to the spook allie. Well the first ohhh 5 minutes was fine and then the screaming and crying and screaming and crying began. I could not calm Keira down. She screamed and cried so much that one of the really big scary guys kindly showed us a very, very short cut out. Needless to say Kaiden was upset that he didn't get to finish the spook allie or even make it half way through it and we had a little puppy with no paint left on the bottom half of her face. Next time I think she will listen to me when I tell her that she needs to wait another year or so.
Moving on.
Keira had a Halloween party at preschool on Thursday and was so excited that she finally got to put on her princess costume. She looked so pretty. She got to put on some makeup and get her hair straightened just like a really princes. (She is convinced that princesses have straight hair). So here is our little princess and pictures with her preschool class.
Bridger Brog, Keira and Maddison Carey. (The carpool kids)
Kaiden had his Halloween party and parade at school on Friday which is always fun. He is the bumble bee (transformer).
Carving pumpkins is always a fun tradition. This year we were in a big rush to get them done before the trunker treat at the school. Kaiden decided that he wanted to do a bat and it turned out pretty cute. I am not sure why this picture didn't turn out. :(
Keira wanted hers to look like her. So Eric and I took turns helping her. Hahaha! It turned out pretty funny
The kids also carved pumpkins at my parents house while Eric and I were on our cruise. Here are the pictures of those.
Needless to say, Halloween lasted all month for us and we are really excited to start looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!





4 comments:
You have totally gotta let me borrow your costume next year! You guys looked great!
Hey! When did you get the pics at preschool? Would you email the ones with Bridger in them to me? And the ones from the Halloween Carnival? Thanks! You're the best! Plus- you looked super cute in your Indian costume! I loved it!
Looks like you guys had a busy and fun month! cute pictures!
Lizzie has the same idea about straight hair on princesses! I'm sure hers didn't take nearly as long, though! I wonder where they got that idea... Looks like a fun month!
Post a Comment