I figure that I better write about spring break because it was quite the adventure. I did not take any pictures so you just get to read about it. SORRY!!
So 2 days after we got back from Cancun, we headed down to St. George for spring break with our new 5th wheel camp trailer that we bought from my parents. We went with Lane & Michelle Heiner and their two kids Lizzy & Spencer, LaDell and Barbara Heiner and Jim & Lucinda Heiner. Luke & Jenn Brog's family and Clay & Brittney Brog's family came down a couple days after us but they stayed at a hotel in St. George.
MONDAY:
We actually camped in Hurricane, Utah which is about 20 minutes from St. George. We were excited to test out our new trailer the first night but I guess Kelsey wasn't. I got her to sleep at about 9:00 that night and she woke up at about 12:00 screaming as high and loud as she possibly could. I tried to make her another bottle and let her go back to sleep but that was not her plan. So instead of keeping everyone up with the screaming (Vance, Brian & Kyle Heiner were staying in our trailer with us)I thought that I would just bring her to our bed and she would calm down. It worked off and on for the next 3 1/2 hours. She had no interest in going to sleep even though her eyes showed how very tired she was. Finally around 3:30am she finally fell asleep in our bed leaving me with very little room to sleep and Eric with a whole bunch. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night.
TUESDAY:
Kelsey was just a smiley and happy as usual in the morning. I just don't get it. Anyway that day Keira started with really bad diarrhea. AARRGG!! You can only change clothes so many times when you are camping. She said that she felt ok but I could tell that she was not her regular self. That day all of us (Eric, Brandy, Kaiden, Keira & Kelsey) started with a cough and really bad runny noses. The day continued about the same until it started to get dark and then Kelsey started with the whining and fussing and I could tell we were probably going to have the same issues again tonight. We stood with her by the fire and she was entertained like that for a while and almost fell asleep and then instantly changed again to the screaming baby. It was then that Eric's aunt Lucinda found the perfect nick name for her "JACK JACK", now for those of you that have seen the Incredibles you know exactly what that means. Anyway the name fits her perfectly. She can be totally sweet one minute and then scream and fighting then next. It changes instantly and you don't even expect it. Anyway a nice little ride on the 4-wheeler put her to sleep for the whole night and it was decided that if we needed to get her to sleep that was the way to do it.
WEDNESDAY:
Keira woke up this morning and started throwing up. I took her into the medical center there in Hurricane and found out that she had Strep throat. YAY!! Nothing better than Strep throat, diarrhea and everyone coughing and blowing noses when your camping. To top it off when I ran into town with Keira and Kelsey I forgot Kelsey's bottle. We were in the doctors office for about 2 hours the last hour of it Kelsey screamed the whole time. And no the nurse could not find a single bottle or formula in the clinic. Afterword I ran the the grocery store to grab Keira's antibiotics, Kelsey had cried her self to sleep on the way over there so I figured that she would make it until we got back to camp to get a bottle. We ran in the store and waited for the prescription the lady at the counter said that it would be about ten minutes and about that same time Kelsey woke up and started crying again. Figuring that I only had to wait about ten minutes we walked round the store trying to keep Kelsey distracted from her hunger. Ten minutes pasted and then 20 and then 30 they were waiting to hear back from my insurance company for the prescription. About this time Kelsey started to scream again, JACK JACK was back, I considered buying formula at the store but then I would have to buy formula, a bottle and water, open them in the store, heat up the water, and try to make a bottle. I figured by the time I did all of that the prescription would have been done and we would be half way to camp. I was wrong I finally left the grocery store 1 hour later with a SCREAMING baby and a really sick little girl. I think everyone in the store was wanting my prescription done, probably more than me. Anyway we finally got back to camp and got Kelsey a bottle and she fell right to sleep. I gave Keira her medicine and put her in bed and they were both out for about 3 1/2 hours. Perfect time to me to sleep right!!! Wrong! Kaiden was way too busy and wanted me to play with him. What a crazy day!! The coolest thing about today was that Kelsey decided to sit, all by her self (see previous post). It's really fun to see her getting so big. That night I actually got Kelsey to sleep really easy and things were great.
THURSDAY:
The next morning Keira fell out of her bunk bed trying to get to the bath room before the diariea. Neither of the two worked very well for her. And later that day I found out that she threw up in her bed the night before. Isn't this is a really great camping trip!! Besides the morning, Thursday was a great day. Keira was feeling alot better and the weather was beautiful I was actually able to sit outside with Kelsey in the sun and she loved it. The kids played in the mud and were covered and Eric and the boys had another great motorbike riding day. Jim and Lucinda Heiner headed back home today and after dinner the rest of us decided to go into town and go Bowling. We had alot of fun and I actually beat Eric's score by 4 points. That has never happened before. Of course the fact that I was on the kids lane with the bumpers did help a little bit.
FRIDAY:
It basically rained all day Friday so in the morning we loaded up camp and then Eric and the boys had to go out for one more ride while the rest of us just sat in the camp trailers and waited. Michelle had a DVD player in her trailer so the kids all hung out in their and watched movies. At about 6:30 we pulled out of camp and headed to spend the night in St. George because they were going to be having a big mountain bike race for about 400 people on Saturday right were we had been camping. We decided that we didn't want to be in the middle of that so we went to go spend the night at a Hotel with Luke, Jenn, Clay and Brittney. We went and ate a Texas Roadhouse and then went back to the hotel for a really, really overdue HOT shower.
SATURDAY:
We took the kids to a fun park that was right by our hotel. They had miniature golf, go karts, bumper boats, a soft play and a whole bunch of arcades. The kids had alot of fun. Funny Thing: I gave Keira her golf club and ball and we were headed to the miniature golf. She was walking really slow with this really scared and worried look on her face. I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me with the most serious look on her face and said. "I NOT A GOOD GOLFER MOM" HAHAHA she cracks me up. Turns out she's not a good golfer in fact by the time we finished the 18 holes she still could not remember how to stand, where to hold the club or how to even aim for the hole. What a long 18 holes. Oh well Kaiden had so much fun and even got 3 hole in ones. 2 of them on the same hole twice in a row. That will make Grandpa Burr proud. After we were done there we headed back toward home. We stayed at my Grandma & Grandpa Williams house that night and found out that both of them are now sick too. They started with the same cough and running nose on Tuesday and Wednesday also. I am not sure where we all picked it up but it spreads really fast and effects everyone.
SUNDAY:
We headed home today and it was definitely time. When we pulled in the driveway it was so nice to see my house. What a trip. I am ready to stay home for a while now. After having been gone for almost 3 weeks it is time to be done. I will be glad when things get back to normal. What ever normal is.
Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Spring Break
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Hilarious!! I think that trip ran very smoothly.
Post a Comment