"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Catch up!

Christmas has been so fun this year and we have been really busy. I finally have had the time to sit down and put some pictures together. Christmas for us actually started on the 19th (Happy Birthday Dad!!) for us. Keira had a Christmas dance recital that day and it was so fun to watch her. I tried to put one of the video's on here but they were too long and wouldn't download. But it was so cute to see all of them dancing!!
We had the Burr's Christmas party the next day on the 20th. The kids had a blast and really got spoiled from Grandma & Grandpa, Santa could not compete. But the kids loved it. They all played so well together and had such a fun time. I wish that I would have taken some pictures but I didn't even get one. Maybe I can get some from my sister (hint, hint Sue)!
Christmas Eve rolled around before we knew it and the excitement in our home got more and more. The kids decided to give Santa an option on cookies this year so at Kaidens request we made Chocolate Chip cookies and Keira decided that she wanted to make Santa Sugar cookies. Also they both decided that the reindeer probably get hungry too so a bowl of carrots was left outside for them. Next the kids got to open their Christmas Jammie's. That is always an exciting time. Here they are all opening their cozy PJ's.


Here is a picture of all of them. Kelsey is not much for posing for pictures right now. She loves to say "CHEESE" but hates to have to stay still for a picture.

With the Cookies and Carrots out and the cozy Jammie's on, it was time for Christmas stories. We always read "The Night Before Christmas" and then the "Christmas Story" out of the scriptures. The kids love to hear about the night that baby Jesus was born and they get really recited thinking about how excited Mary and Joseph would have been to get to see the baby Jesus. Then with a quick check of the NORAD Santa Tracker (online) the kids hurry to bed so that they can be asleep before Santa arrives.
I get so excited for Christmas morning that I can hardly sleep. Which was the case again this year. Eric and I were ready to get up at 6:00 and I went and peeked at the kids, but they were still a sleep. So at about 6:30 I went and peeked again. Still no luck. At 7:00 we decided that we were just going to have to wake them up. They popped right out of bed and were ready to see if Santa made it to our house. Here is the video of Christmas morning. HAHAHA my kids are so funny. I love how Keira just stares at the camera and not at the Tree. What a goofy kid.

These are some pictures of the chaos of Christmas morning. I LOVE IT. I love the magical Christmas feeling that kids have.
Kelsey had a lot of fun. She had no interest in unwrapping presents but the ones that were already open were really fun for her.
Keira got a whole treasure chest of dress ups. She was so excited about it. She had been wearing dress ups since.
Kaiden got a really cool Hot Wheels track. That he loves to take apart and make new tracks with.
All of the kids got way spoiled this year. They all got a few toys, movies, books, clothes and a lot more. WOW! What a fun day.
As a family we got a Wii. We spent all of Christmas day playing it and have been playing it everyday since then. I got the Wii Fit with it and am feeling really sore from all of the different exercises that I have been doing. I am pulling muscles that I didn't even know I had. But it is really fun.
The day after Christmas we had the Heiner Christmas party. The Boys always go snowmobiling during the day and the Girls spend the day visiting, playing games and eating A LOT of food.
It is always a good time. Then later when the Boys get back we eat again and then exchange the gifts that we got for each other. Again I didn't take any pictures. I am not sure what has got into me lately. I guess that means that I spent more time enjoying the fun rather than just taking a whole ton of pictures of everyone else having fun. It is always fun and crazy getting the whole Heiner clan together. Everyone came in except for Callie (hint, hint Callie!! We missed you) and Tom (he is on his Mission until May!!) We even got to have our first Christmas with Krista (Brian's new wife). It was a little crazy with 15 adults and 12 kids in one house but we made it work. The kids all play really well together and love spending time with their cousins. What a great family. I love being a part of the Heiners and I am proud to call them my family.
Merry Christmas from all of us. We hope yours was as great as ours!!!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers