"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
--Anthony Brandt--


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

True Happiness

A while ago I posted a question and not one of you out their responded. I am sure you have got to find happiness in something. Oh well, here is my answer. Sorry about the length I just didn't want to leave anything out. (I am sure I did though)

What makes me truly happy?

I like to think that I am a happy person and I try to keep a positive attitude in all things.I have a long way to go to become the type of person that I want to be but I am continually trying and someday (maybe years from now) I will be that person.
I find happiness in a lot of things... in a peaceful sunrise, laundry (I know crazy hu), a good book, the smell of camping, a good movie, family reunions, an ice cold fountain Pepsi, hanging out with a good friend, music, a clean house (my mom & sister are laughing at that one), a quiet Sunday afternoon, comfy clothes, evening time when the kids are ALL in bed, smell of my husband. There are much, much more I could go on for a while but these are just a few of the many things I enjoy.
But the things that bring me true happiness are few. I find my real happiness in my religion & in my family.
With my religion, I find happiness in doing what I believe is right. I love learning more about the history of the gospel and reading the scripture. I know that I am a daughter of God, and I love my Heavenly Father and know with all of my heart that he knows me and for some strange reason loves me too. He has been their and will continue to be their for me at difficult times in my life when I really need someone who understands me, and the things that I am going through.
With my family, I find true happiness in being sealed in the temple to my wonderful husband. Being with Eric brings me true happiness. We have been married Ten years this year and those years have been the happiest years of my life. Things have not always been great but I would not trade any of the years that we have had together for anything in this world. Together we are perfect for each other. . We have so much to learn about each other still and I can not wait to spend forever with him.
And then my kids! I feel like the luckiest mom ever. Our kids have been such a blessing to Eric and I. Each one is so special in their own way and I love all of them so much it is wonderful to watch them grow and learn and they are continually teaching me. (Patients most of the time).They each have this amazing spirit that they bring into our home. I am proud to call them mine and absolutely love being their mom.
My extended family, I need to add how grateful I am for my parents (including Eric’s) I am truly grateful for all that they do for me. They have all taught me so much and I learn constantly from their examples. Also to all of my Grandparents. I am so blessed to have all of my grandparents (Williams, Burrs, Heiners & Ericksons) alive right now and love that my kids get to spend time with them and share memories. Not many people can say that they have 8 grandparents and I cherish my time I get to spend with them and the things that they teach me. I have always looked up to all of them and hope one day to be half that they all are. They have been a great strength to me and my family and I hope that I have made them proud to say that I am their Granddaughter.

There is nothing like the unconditional love and support of family and the happiness that it brings.

Where do you find your happiness?

1 comments:

Tami said...

She also forgot to mention a wonderful sister that gives her all the inspiration she needs for a great life!! J/K Love ya sue. Okay so maybe I laughed a little in regards to the house.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers