Eric had a class that he had to take so that he could order some equipment for a job that he is working on in Jackson. The class was in California. Now normally I would jump at a chance to take a trip to Cali for a few days but this time I was not all too excited. After being gone for almost 3 weeks straight from the middle of March through the first of April and having to leave my kiddos again I didn't really want to go. But you really cant send a Freedom boy off to the big city all alone, so after arranging for somewhere for our kids to stay for another week I tagged along. My mom watched Kaiden and Kelsey and traded with Eric's mom for a couple of days while Tami & Nick watched Keira (I am sure they would have liked to be able to trade for a couple of day also). THANK YOU!!! We got there on Monday afternoon, Eric's class was Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday he was in class from 8-4:30 everyday except he got out of class early on Thursday YAY!!!!. So I got to hang out and wait for him during the day. Of course I made great use of time at the mall. The only thing bad about being able to go shopping at the mall without kids or time to worry about, is the fact that you have to be able to pack thing in luggage to go home :( Kinda makes it hard to really "go shopping" oh well the peace and quiet was really nice and the weather wasn't bad either. Now for those of you who are thinking what about the Swine Flu?? Neither of us are sick and we didn't see anyone walking around with masks on. After class each day we went out and did something fun. We wen't bowling one night, to a movie another, to the beach one day and On Friday we went to Knotts Berry Farm. It was alot of fun. I have not been their for about 20 some odd years and don't remember it, but we really enjoyed it. We flew back home on Saturday and that is when the real excitement began. We got into our car go leave the airport and pulled out of the parking lot, BUDUMP, BUDUMP, BUDUMP guess what... flat tire! And after looking all over you guessed it NO JACK. Anyway the nice little airport security guards hooked us up with air and we were off. Then on the way to Pocatello to pick up Keira I get a phone call from Tami.
Tami: Hey where are you?
Me: Just leaving the airport, Why?
Tami: Oh I was just wondering. I need to run to the store and I didn't know when you where coming.
Me: Well we should be there in about 2 1/2 hours.
Tami: Ok I will run to the store.
About an hour and a half later the phone rings.
Tami: Ummm where are you?
Me: Almost to Malad, Why?
Tami: Cuz, I am locked out of my house and I am so frustrated cuz Nick is at guard and I don't have an extra key.
Me: OK where is your key?
Tami: In my car that my in-laws took today.
Me: Umm OK
Tami: Will it be ok if we stand on your car and see if we can reach to climb through my living room window.
Me: Sure
Tami: K- see you in a while
20 minutes later the phone rings again
Tami: Ummm where are you?
Me: Almost to Inkom, Why?
Tami: Ok so your close then...
Me: Yes
Tami: OK
Me: Why?
Tami: just wondering. Jaycie stop torturing them just quit, Sit down. Ok I better go take care of this situation. (I can hear the frustration in her voice. It sounds like this " rrrr this is so dumb, why did I forget the key, why isn't Nick here to save me?, these kids are driving me crazy, why do I get so upset about stuff like this?, I need to just relax, could they drive any slower??
Me: K- we will see you in a little bit.
Tami: K- bye
So needless to say we saved the day and got into Tami's house no big deal. And I am sure she was excited to get rid of one of the kids. She probably would have sent all of them if we would have taken them.
It was so good to be home and see those stinky kids again. Amazing how nice it is to be away but when you get back home you realize how much you really missed the little goobers. (for about a day).
Let us not forget.....to be there when needed!!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Wish we all could be California girls
Posted by Brandy Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time. I didn't even know you were gone, shows how much I know!
That is awesome. You guessed it. I am now officially laughing with huge tears. That was so stressful to me. We all know how well I deal with stressful situations. Thanks for the car trick. Love ya
Post a Comment